California State Content Standards for Science
"The Science Content Standards for California Public Schools, Kindergarten Through Grade Twelve represents the content of science education and includes the essential skills and knowledge students will need to be scientifically literate citizens in the twenty-first century. By adopting these standards, the State Board of Education affirms its commitment to provide a world-class science education for all California students."
- California Department of Education 1998
Below you will find the California State Content Standards for Secondary Science. In addition to downloading content standards for each subject you can download the Content Standards for all subjects and grade levels at the California Department of Education's website.
California Content Standards for Science
Secondary Science Content Standards by Subject
- Biology pdf | docx | html*
- Chemistry pdf | docx | html
- Earth Science pdf | docx | html
- Integrated Coordinated Science pdf | docx | html* | LAUSD framework
- Physics pdf | docx | html
- Investigation and Experimentation pdf | docx | html
*Interactive links available